You have finally found the perfect place to relax! This experience will arouse your curiosity about the history of Romania and will surprise you with a wonderful location, created through a fusion of traditional and modern. The outdoor courtyard will reconnect you with nature and invite you to read or have a tea discussion. Come with your partner and party a romantic and relaxing weekend, in a historic building, where you will have a traditional dinner, right in the center of Turza. You can catch your half even for Easter, Christmas, Dragobete or his / her birthday. Also, if it is the birthday of dear friends, godparents or even your parents, give them this experience.
The historical residence of the family of the politician Ion Ratiu (1917-2000), Casa Ratiu from Turda is one of those places you fall in love with on your first stay. Included in the European Historic Houses, a network of heritage houses owned by families from 24 countries, Casa Ratiu offers guests the opportunity for a real foray into the history of one of the oldest and most respected noble families in Transylvania.
It is part of a collection of historic buildings brought back to life and opened to the public and includes two buildings, which communicate with each other through a wooden bridge over the Cancer River. The first is the old family house, and the second is the former Gaia Mill, also transformed into a guest house.
- Each room in Casa Ratiu is dedicated to a family member and bears his name
- Unique pieces of furniture, art objects from the family collection, paintings, books and photos tell stories and make each visit special.
Built with attention to every detail, from the design of the rooms, to the tasty meals, prepared with healthy local ingredients and served in a charming living room with fireplace, Casa Ratiu offers a unique, relaxing and truly memorable experience.
In 2017 we extended the popular La Papion Cafe named after Ion Ratiu’s famous bow-tie. Smokers can now enjoy a coffee in the Alley or Courtyard and are free to explore our property where they will find a variety of hidden, relaxing seating areas on the Foisor (summer terrace) overlooking the stream. Our menu includes nibbles, a la carte and a daily traditional dish.
The Romantic-VIP package includes a night of accommodation in the historic house of the Ratiu family from Turda, in the VIP Suite Ion Ratiu, arranged in the new body of the Ratiu House (Gaia Mill) and a Transylvanian style dinner.
The suite is:
- Retired and comfortable
- It has a romantic air
- Perfect for a weekend for two
- Local cheeses
- Smoked meats, Transylvanian steak
- Vegetables and salad
- Dessert - English Trifle
We consider that practical Experiences are the essence of great memories so we invite you on our blog to read about the advantages of purchasing an experience rather than a material gift.
Details of the experience:
- Accommodation for 2 people in the Ion Ratiu VIP Suite
- Traditional dinner
- The price shown is for 2 people per night. For a larger number of nights you need to purchase the appropriate number of experience (eg 2 experience for 2 nights accommodation)
- Location: Turda, near Paraul Racilor, Cluj
- Experience for two people
- You will receive an electronic voucher with your option, as well as the possibility to add a personalized message, if you choose to give it as a gift.
- Voucher validity: 12 months
Important to know:
- The voucher is valid for 12 months for 2 people
- The experience is valid within the available places (a reservation is required in advance)