It's time to give a unique gift to a loved one - a memoir. How many times have you wondered what happened to the gifts of years past: were they appreciated or tossed into a dusty cupboard?
Now, your joy is twofold: first when you catch the amazement of the recipient of this great gift; second, when you know that their pride in becoming an author is due to you.
Dare. Give a memorable gift with the click of a button - for the narrator and for:
- Grandparents, uncles, aunts or cousins
- Parents with clever and mischievous children
- Group of army buddies
- Band mates or artists
- Friends for adventures
- Former schoolmates
- Work colleagues
You have the option to purchase 5 or 10 printed copies, which means that the recipient will be able to give a book of their memoirs to the loved ones in their life. The person who receives a book as a gift will also enjoy the joy, just like you, the one who gives the experience to the future author.
The subject of the memoir can be from our days, childhood or youth, here are some ideas:
- Romantic, of love
- Army / war / revolution adventures
- Peripetii from travels
- Childhood memories (from country holidays, school camps, etc.)
- Sporting challenges
- Memories of grandparents, parents, husbands, brothers
- Stories about neighbours, colleagues or bosses
- Artist pranks or children's pranks
- Ideas, beliefs, personal experiences, life lessons
*Final editing of content will be discussed with the editor and may take the form of a diary, letters or a story.
Why is a memoir a unique gift?
- When someone you love appears in your book, you'll give them a fantastic surprise. Just think of the memories you'll trigger and the amazement you'll cause.
- It's a suitable experience for Romans at home or abroad
- It is a beneficial experience for any age, profession or education
- It is a book through which you transmit, over generations, feelings, lessons and emotions: love, tenderness, nostalgia, courage, team spirit, sacrifice or good mood
- A book is a pretext for a meeting with your family, group of friends or colleagues: you enjoy it and they enjoy it - like a mini book launch
The book preserves the author's imprint and style - The book is unique in the original way in which the events are perceived from the author's perspective, the narrator's perspective, his specific style of speaking and his personality. It portrays the tone as faithfully as possible through its manner of address: sober, humorous, academic, colloquial, tender, sarcastic, parental or friendly, etc.
The inseparable images have a strong visual impact on the readers, because the pictures open up the picture of people and places and seem to transport you into the story.
A memoir connects you deeply with the narrator - Reading a memoir reveals that it is a more intense experience than if the narrator were to tell you everything by word of mouth. You live along with him, the most passion-filled, adventurous, loving, suspenseful or maddeningly funny part of his life and, on top of that, the thoughts and feelings he lived.
Becoming a book author is an almost impossible experience to forget - Experiencing something new: a new skill, activity or place can influence you so strongly that it can seem as if time is slowing down. When you're the storyteller, the slowing effect can be twice as great, because you're simultaneously going through a series of new activities while practicing new skills.
When you experience new things, you feel that time passes more slowly. It almost stands still - David Eagleman, a neuroscience researcher at Stanford University says that "there's only one way to slow down time: look for novelty." In fact, we perceive the event to have lasted longer than it actually did. That's because new experiences are written into the brain using more memory. This explains why memories of these experiences are more persistent and with more detail.
When the book is done, it's real. Then you leaf through it with your family, colleagues or friends and you recount the events in the book together.
The narrator will experience a unique and complex emotional process - along with the stages of creating the book:
- Experience the nostalgia of the event narrated during the interviews;
- the experience of reliving the event and connecting with the people who participated when you selected the pictures;
- the experience of self-confidence in seeing the whole manuscript, when revising it;
- the optimistic experience of holding the printed book in your hand;
- the experience of sharing the joy of a dream with your chosen group.
The book is prepared in advance - you know when it's Christmas, Easter and the wedding anniversaries of loved ones or birthdays. You write it now and have it ready. You can give it as a gift at the right time, to family or a small circle.
Have a comprehensive experience and surprise a loved one!
Memoir - A memorable book - Packages and features:
a) A memorable book (PDF format)
- delivery in pdf format, delivered by email
- 20 x 20 cm format
- 32 pages (text or text and photos)
- full colour
- original graphics for covers and interior
b) A memorable book (5 or 10 premium printed copies)
- delivery of premium printed copies, delivered direct or by courier
- full colour printing, matt laminated
- hardback, paperback covers and interior
- you have the option to choose between 5 or 10 copies to share with your loved ones
We consider that practical Experiences are the essence of great memories so we invite you on our blog to read about the advantages of purchasing an experience rather than a material gift.
Details of the experience:
- The package includes: interviews, writing, proofreading and editing of text, photo processing, original interior and cover design
- The author participates in two two-hour online interviews with the editor and gives final approval of the book
- The final text is adapted by an experienced writer
- The book can contain only text or text and up to 6 photos
- Premium book is delivered in pdf / pdf format + printed copies
- Description of the unique premium book: 32 pages, format 20 x 20 cm, full colour
- Printed copies: inside and covers printed in full colour, matt laminated, hardback, paperback
- Delivery in 50 calendar days, from first interview to finished format
- Experience for one person
- You receive an e-voucher with your choice, as well as the possibility to add a personalised message if you choose to give it as a gift
- Voucher validity: 12 months
Important to know:
- IF YOU OPT FOR THE PRINTED BOOK VERSION, YOU MUST PURCHASE THE PACKAGE: A memorable book (PDF format)
- The voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase for a single card
- A reservation is required in advance