Spend a long weekend in the Danube Delta, very far from the hustle and bustle of the city. Nature is an inexhaustible source of inspiration, so we suggest you explore the largest delta in Europe taking advantage of the freedom that SUP offers you.
Row, on the surfboard, on the canals and the water holes, having around you the greatest biodiversity in Romania that you will hear, see and feel. The noise of crowded intersections will be replaced by the sounds of seagulls and the flight of pelicans, and the streets will become the water channels you paddle, surrounded not by blocks, but by reeds and rushes.
In the heart of the Danube Delta, the village of Mila 23 faithfully depicts the specifics of the Lipovan village, preserving the fishing traditions, especially in terms of gastronomy.
Adding to this the nature of the Delta, one of the most important biodiversity areas in Europe, you will feel the immersion in a unique land in the world.
The sound of nature when you enter an isolated lake near the main canals is close to that of the Amazon jungle, overwhelming your senses and making you feel like a guest in her house.
The Danube Delta is the best-preserved delta on the continent and a land in continuous formation, being one of the few authentic wilds left in Romania. Here man is not yet the master of nature but lives in communion with it.
Maybe that's why this area made Romania 24 world, European and Olympic champions led by Ivan Patzaichin, a living legend who did not go far from traditions helping his hometown by implementing ecotourism projects through the "Ivan Patzaichin-Mila23 Association ".
You will live with a traditional Lipovan family located in the culinary circuit of the Danube Delta that will prepare the best traditional dishes during this trip. You will relax practicing Yoga on the SUP board (SUP yoga) and observing thousands of birds and other animals around you because you will be surrounded by the richest fauna of the country.
We consider that practical Experiences are the essence of great memories so we invite you on our blog to read about the advantages of purchasing an experience rather than a material gift.
Details of the experience:
- 3-day expedition, departing on Friday morning and returning on Sunday evening
- Bucharest-Tulcea round trip transport
- Round trip boat transport Tulcea- milestone 23
- Accommodation 2 nights
- Meals included: Friday evening - dinner, Saturday - breakfast, fish lunch, dinner, Sunday - breakfast
- SUP course - Stand Up Paddle - 2 hours Friday night
- Rowing on the surfboard 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday
- Transport from Bucharest
- Guides, surf instructors
- Equipment needed: surfboard, oar and life jacket
- Photos and videos
- Location: Danube Delta
- Experience for one person
- You will receive an electronic voucher with your option, as well as the possibility to add a personalized message, if you choose to give it as a gift
- Voucher availability: 12 months
Important to know:
- The voucher is valid for 12 months for 2 people
- The experience is subject to availability (a reservation is required in advance)
- Free and guarded parking is possible at the hotel
- In the location you will find a swimming pool, an extensive garden and orchard, table tennis. There is also a children's play area