We have prepared an experience for couples expecting a baby. So, if you are looking for a gift for future parents, you have found the perfect one. Preparing for the birth of a child can be overwhelming, that's why the 9-month Center team has prepared a course for newborn care + breastfeeding - Childcare - through which they will "open a gate" to the fascinating world of the newborn, presenting it to the parents from the baby's perspective to be better understood.
They will find the answer to the questions: how does the baby "feel" the world after birth? What needs does he have? What does crying means and why does it cry? Why does he want to be held in his arms? The course also has a practical part that includes changing the diaper, the baby's bath, calming techniques and breastfeeding positions.
The attendance of such a course is done in the prenatal period, its objectives being: - offering of theoretical and practical information - understanding / care of the newborn, - training of future parents in the care of the baby, - increasing confidence in the ability to raise a child. The course is structured in two sessions, over a weekend, and among the topics discussed will be:
- Baby Friendly policies in maternity
- "Magic hour" and its importance
- The baby's native reflexes and their role- the fundamental needs of the newborn
- Parenting models taken from the family- newborn care (practical part )
- How dangerous can myths be?
- Signs of illness - breastfeeding: stages, psychological implications, creation of personal year of breastfeeding
The Childcare course is certified for paternal leave for 10 days, according to Law 210/1999.
And if the expectant mother chooses to give birth naturally, Lamaze Courses are structured to understand the birth process and to overcome her own fears.
Beyond the medical experience, birth is also a deeply emotional experience so we encourage the support of the partner during labor (where he wants), design the birth plan, encourage communication with the partner and the medical team, all because the two partners to live a positive experience.
The course is interactive, includes a theoretical part and a practical part, offering a course support, and its objectives are:
- Providing a solid information base (medical information, case studies, statistics) about natural childbirth Removing fears of pain and natural childbirth
- Increasing the pregnant woman's confidence in natural childbirth
- Understanding the whole process "step by step"
- Learning methods to reduce pain during labor
- Information about breastfeeding and care baby (childcare)
The course is in four weekly sessions and the topic touches on topics such as:
- Birth plan: what it is and who prepares it
- Maternity / Baby Friendly Hospital: what are Baby Friendly practices
- Lamaze principles about natural birth- what is fear / anxiety and how does it affect she labor
- How do we bear the pain? Non-pharmaceutical ways to control pain
- Labor, at home or in the hospital
- Psychological support during labor, the role of the partner
- Lamaze breathing exercises
- How the baby feels "the world" after birth / the baby's native reflexes / the baby's needs in the first month of life
- Baby care (practical part): changed diaper, boy, blunt umbilical hygiene, ears, eyes
- What things to buy and what things NOT to buy for the newborn. Myths busters in baby care and breastfeeding
We consider that practical Experiences are the essence of great memories so we invite you on our blog to read about the advantages of purchasing an experience rather than a material gift.
Details of the experience:
- Courses for the pregnant woman and her partner
- Childcare + Breastfeeding Course
- Baby care + breastfeeding course
- Duration: Saturday and Sunday, 7am
- Attestation for paternal leave 10 days, according to Law 210/1999.
- Lamaze course
- Natural birth course + baby care
- Duration: 4 sessions per week
Important to know:
- The voucher is valid for 12 months 1 person
- The experience is subject to availability (a reservation is required in advance)